Development and trend of Induction heating furnace and technology
Induction heating originates from the electromagnetic induction phenomenon discovered by Faraday, that is, alternating current will generate induced current in the conductor, thus causing the conductor to generate heat. In 1890, Swedish technical personnel invented the first induction melting furnace – a slotted core furnace and a closed trough core furnace. In 1916. From then on, the induction heating technology gradually entered the practical stage. The rapid development of power electronic devices and technology in twentieth Century has greatly promoted the development of induction heating technology.
In 1957, the US developed the thyristor as a milestone for power electronic devices, which marked the beginning of modern power electronics technology and triggered the revolution of induction heating technology. In 1966, Switzerland and West Germany first developed the Induction heating furnace with thyristors. Since then, induction heating technology has been developing at a high speed.
1. Characteristics of Induction heating furnace :
Induction heating furnace has the characteristics of fast, clean, energy saving, easy to realize automation and on-line production and high production efficiency. It is an internal heat source. It is a non-contact heating method. It can provide high power density. It has high flexibility on the surface and depth of heating. It can work in various kinds of air (air and protective gas). It has low loss and no physical pollution. It accords with the guideline of environmental protection and sustainable development. It is one of the green heating technologies.
2. Its main applications are:
(1) Welding of non-ferrous metals, heat treatment of metal materials, forging, extrusion, rolling and other profiles produced by diathermy, welded pipe production.
(2) Mechanical manufacture, quenching of various mechanical parts, tempering, annealing and normalizing after quenching, and diathermy before pressure processing.
(3) Seals for light industry, canned goods and other packaging, such as the sealed packaging of the famous Tetra Pak bricks.
(4) Special applications, such as plasma, surfacing and so on.
Taking FAW as an example, in the medium sized cars, light cars and cars, nearly 200 kinds of parts need the heat treatment of the induction heating furnace. With the continuous development of induction heat treatment furnace technology, induction hardening parts have risen to about 50% of all heat treatment parts. According to the relevant data, the application of induction heat treatment in China’s automobile industry is entering the ranks of the world’s advanced level.
Contact person: Hailee Ma
Phone: 0086-18932783253(whatsapp, wechat)
Specialist of steel pipe induction heating furnace in China; Glad to be your business partner in induction heating field.
Post time: 07-13-2018